Todays Solution For Any and All Home Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
At Saturn, we will make sure your home is able to accept your brand-new electric car! We know how excited you are with your Electric Vehicle Charging Station purchase, and we want to make sure that excitement continues when it is time to charge it. As part of your Saturn Charging Station installation, our expert technicians will conduct a full evaluation of your existing electric power capacity. Once this has been completed, we will work with you and your needs to identify the best location for the charging equipment or receptacle.
When we are done with our evaluation, we will provide you with several installation options. These will consist of several types of equipment, and charge rates! When you select the best option for you and your vehicle, we provide you with a detailed proposal describing your installation, cost, and permit fees. Our licensed and experienced technicians will complete your installation. We are trained to ensure your complete satisfaction with our work! Best of all, we provide a 2-year warranty on our installation, to ensure your peace of mind with the quality Saturn provides.
VIEW OUR ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION CERTIFICATION
Tesla EV Wall Chargers
We even install Tesla EV Chargers
As a Tesla Certified Electrician, we’re trained experts in installing Tesla EV Wall Chargers, and other electric vehicle charging solutions for your home or business. In fact, we’ve installed over 600 Tesla EV Wall Chargers in the Chicagoland suburbs in the last few years! We adhere to strict quality, permitting and inspection requirements. The Saturn team has been professionally trained to install Tesla charging equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions About EV Chargers
- EV = Electric Vehicle EVSE = Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment. The EV has the charger inside the car. The charger converts AC power to DC power required by the battery. Your home or business must provide the electric power (AC) to supply the EV charger.
- NEMA = National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- NEMA 14-30R = 240 volt, 30 amp receptacle similar to an electric dryer.
- NEMA 14-50R = 240 volt, 50 amp receptacle similar to an electric range.
- J1772 = describes the type of conductive charge coupler (plug) your EV uses.
- Level 1 – provides for an EV to plug into a common household receptacle (NEMA 5-15R or NEMA 5-20R). This is the lowest cost installation and it provides the slowest charge rate (requires the most time).
- Level 2 – is the primary method of charging at Home or Business. It can be a basic installation with a 240 volt receptacle (NEMA 14-30R or 50R) and utilize the Tesla Mobile Connector. Or for more power and faster charge rates, special charging equipment is required (like a Tesla Wall Connector). The circuit breaker supplying the equipment is typically rated from 30 to 100 amps. The charge rates are greater than Level 1.
- Level 3 – is the EV equivalent of a commercial gasoline dispensing station. This high-speed, high-power method is primarily for commercial and public applications such as the Tesla Supercharger stations.
The cost of installation is determined by the following factors: the size of your existing electric service and connected electrical loads, distance between the circuit breaker panel and the receptacle or charger equipment, and the capacity or power requirements of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
It is most economical to plan and install a larger conduit (and wiring) for an additional EV or to obtain a faster charge rate at a future date. For example, a customer may decide to install a NEMA 14-50R receptacle (for current use) along with a larger conduit and wiring (circuit) allowing for the installation of a Tesla Wall Connector at a future date.
- Voltage: 200-240 V AC
- Max Current Output; 48 amps
- Power Output: Up to 11.5 kW
- Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- Dimensions: 13.6″ x 6.1″ x 4.3″
- Cable Length: 8.5′ or 18′
- Installation: Indoor/outdoor
- Compliance: cULus listed
- Safety: Integrated GFCI
- Firmware Updates: Over-the-air via Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y
- Warranty: 48 months for personal use
- Power Sharing: Automatic load management (Coming soon)
- Energy Metering: Revenue-grade metering (Coming soon)