Stay Warm When It Matters Most
Saturn Heating Cooling & Electrical is your top pick for Furnace repair in the Chicago suburbs
Chicago winters are very unpredictable and usually bring bitter cold along with the season. If your home furnace needs repair, you can get stuck in the cold! Whether it be a catastrophic failure, or a minor inconvenience, any broken parts on your furnace can leave you wishing for just a little bit more heat. Saturn Heating and Cooling offers comprehensive furnace repair services! Beat the chill with Saturn, contact us to learn more!
Signs you need furnace repair come in many forms
Whether it be something so minor such as your home not heating up as fast as it used to, or an obvious catastrophic noise, there are many signs you should seek out an expert to fix the issue! There are not many things worse than a cold Chicago winter front passing through just as your furnace fails. Pay attention to these signs:
- Abnormal smells from your furnace
- Difficult to start
- Your furnace takes longer to heat up your home
- A large unexplainable spike in heating bills
- Abnormal noises from furnace
- Difference in temperature compared to thermostat
The best way to avoid having to make furnace repairs is to ensure you maintain a regular maintenance schedule
Regular maintenance just before you turn your furnace on for the year allows our Saturn technicians to inspect your furnace to ensure all components are operating at peak performance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair
- Make sure your thermostat is powered and set to heat mode, and that the temperature is set a few degrees above the current room temperature.
- Make sure your heating equipment has power at the home’s circuit breaker panel and that external on/off switches near the unit are set to ‘on.’
- Change your air filter if it is dirty and clogged with debris.
Heating systems have many parts, any one of which can experience an issue causing you to need heating system repair. The following are common issues heating repair technicians correct:
- Faulty ignitors
- Malfunctioning thermostats
- Dirty burners
- Bad blower motor
- Faulty flame sensors
When facing a significant heating repair bill, many homeowners wonder if investing in a new heating system is a better option. In these situations, it may be best to go with a replacement:
Your heating system is nearing, at or beyond 15 years old. That’s the average service life for a furnace.
If the heater repair bill is more than 50 percent of the cost to replace it with a new system.